Well, here it is. I have been waiting for three years to be able to write this blog post. Our family is SO HAPPY to announce:
As it is all the time whether we think so or not, God’s timing has been perfect. We received an official referral from South Africa last week, and we could not be happier to accept it! We will be welcoming home our sweet little girl this summer!
I always thought of myself as a mom of boys – fitting, since that’s all I’ve had until now. So I’m a little freaked out about girls and I’m willing to take any pointers from you girl moms!
I know a lot of you will have a lot of questions. Unfortunately, we can’t give out a lot of details at this point, and we are not able to share pictures. But just know that we think she is the cutest little girl that we have ever seen. Even the boys are smitten. Eli asks to see a picture of her almost every day, and I’ve even caught him praying for her in private. Be still, my heart!
Here’s what we can share so far:
- She is 1.5 years old, so she will have two big brothers to protect her well!
- She is a healthy and active little girl!
- We will likely be traveling in early summer to South Africa to finalize the adoption and bring our girl home!
- We will be gone for 6-8 weeks.
- No, the boys will not be coming with us. They will be staying with grandparents/aunts-uncles. They will have a ton of fun on the farm, at the lake, and playing with cousins.
- Yes, it’s going to be unbearably hard to be away from the boys for that long. I can’t even think about it without crying, but we know this is for the best that they stay and trust that God will uphold both the boys and us as we are apart.
Over and over again, we have received confirmation from God as He is moving things along and opening doors for us quickly. We are enjoying the ride of our lives right now! Things are coming full circle, and so many of you have been along this journey with us since the beginning. We are so thankful for all of your prayers! Please keep them coming as we work diligently to bring our girl home!